Seven minutes of 5:1
Paul as Pyramus
John as Thisbē
Ringo as Lion
George as The Man In The Moon
..plus Peter, Wall, and Mod hecklers.
Our own cast for this scene:
Peter Quince – Evelyn Rumsby
Pyramus – Galen Bonwick
Thisbē – Ry Bevington and Max Claus
Lion – Tom Hogan and Gaven Lukanc
Wall – Bianca Romero and Sunaya Krishnapurna
Hecklers: Helen Grove, Andrew Strauss, Maya Khayat, Marshall Woodmansee, Kerry Pressley, Dominic Zeitz, Ellie Cattaneo
We went to the San Jose Youth Shakespeare production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream last night and it was totally great. My kids aged 8 and 10 loved it too.
Do your family a favor and go see this production, it’s hilarious! And an excellent introductory Shakespeare play, easy to follow and with a quick pace and very great acting.
The show was a total success – I’ve seen it twenty times at least … and this was for sure the funniest version.
– a patron’s opening night review from A Midsummer Night’s Dream, August 13, 2014
Tickets still available for Friday and both performances Saturday.
Thursday’s performance sold out. Sunday is close to sold out now.
A Midsummer Night’s Dream at Shakespeare’s Globe
96 seconds of Tatiana meeting Bottom!
Our own amorous Tatiana was played by Sophia Woodmansee.
Nick Bottom was played with gusto by Galen Bonwick.
Barefoot Coffee Roasters is supporting San Jose Youth Shakespeare during A Midsummer Night’s Dream with freshly supplied coffee.
Fresh brewed Barefoot coffee will be hot and ready during intermission in the Green Room as an important part of our fund-raising at intermission. Ask Ursula or Sarah what varietal we are serving!
Also in the Green Room and not to be missed – come before the show, during intermission, and after the show:
- Enjoy hand made goodies including homemade gluten, wheat, and nut-free treats.
- Send a candy castgram or a rose to cast members.
- Purchase a new, original Shakespeare mosaic poster made from five thousand YouthShakes photos.
- Purchase a numbered and signed reproduction of the original watercolor artwork for A Midsummer Night’s Dream. One of our cast members created the original – find her playing the harp and other instruments this week for the play!
- Browse for other reproductions (and one original) of of artwork created by the company for previous plays!
- Enjoy at the hand drawn color on the large white board – a YouthShakes tradition for our productions at Historic Hoover Theatre.
- We accept donations in the Green Room, too, as well as online.
- Greet our actors, crew, and creative directors in the Green Room and the patio after the show.
Barefoot Coffee Roasters have been creating culinary coffees since 2003. Direct Trade farm fresh beans roasted to order in small batches to highlight origin character and extract wildly intense flavors. Metro Silicon Valley Best Coffee Roaster every year 2007-2013.
Youth Shakespeare is thankful for the support of our sponsors!
Lisa’s Tea Treasure advertises in our performance program.
They have a Midsummer Tea menu this year!
A Midsummer Tea at Lisa’s Tea Treasures
Buy Tickets for A Midsummer Night’s Dream now! Performances Wednesday through Sunday this week.
Sophia Woodmansee as Tatiana
In The Pink (San Francisco Chronicle)
Six performances of A Midsummer Night’s Dream Wednesday through Sunday.
“Come now; what masques, what dances shall we have, To wear away this long age of three hours Between our after-supper and bed-time?”
Countdown to opening night: the sets have been built, the props have been assembled, costumes are ready to be donned. A Midsummer Night’s Dream opens Wednesday and runs through Sunday – join us for the revels!
A Midsummer Night’s Dream:
- Wednesday, August 13 – 7 p.m.
- Thursday, August 14 – 7 p.m.
- Friday, August 15 – 7 p.m.
- Saturday, August 16 – 2 p.m.
- Saturday, August 16 – 7 p.m.
- Sunday, August 17 – 3 p.m.
Purchase your tickets now!
- $8 in Advance
- $10 the day of show
- Children 7 and Under are Free.
At The Historic Hoover Theatre
1635 Park Avenue, San Jose
San Jose Youth Shakespeare is also generously supported, in part, by a Cultural Affairs grant from the City of San Jose. We are also grateful for grants from the Arts Council of Silicon Valley, Silicon Valley Creates, and Links Through Learning.
At 4 p.m. the cast will perform excerpts from A Midsummer Night’s Dream at Hicklebee’s in Willow Glenn.
1378 Lincoln Ave
San Jose, CA 95125
Tickets available for A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
Performances of A Midsummer Night’s Dream August 13-17.
Generously supported, in part, by a Cultural Affairs grant from the City of San Jose.
We are also grateful for grants from the Arts Council of Silicon Valley and Silicon Valley Creates.