Time to vote for Best Small Theatre Company in 2017!
The Metro yearly survey closes March 3. Answer at least 25 questions to complete the survey. This is the longest running “best-of” competition in the area:
Macbeth is playing March 18-24 at The Historic Hoover Theatre. Choose your performance now:
- Saturday, March 18th at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, March 19th at 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 22nd at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, March 23rd at 7 p.m.
- Friday, March 24th at 1 p.m. (school performance; SOLD OUT!)
- Friday, March 24th at 7 p.m.
Youth Shakespeare be at the Celebrate Cambrian Festival on Sunday, August 28 11 a.m to 4 p.m. .
Look for our booth! We will have costumes ready for a “Shakespearean Selfie”.
San Jose Youth Shakespeare gets runner up in the Metro Best of Silicon Valley 2015!
Thank you all for supporting us and attending our plays during 2014, and a special thanks to those of you who donated to our end-of-year matching grant campaign.
Presenting high-quality Shakespeare (and Dickens) with a young company is challenging. It takes a unique group of kids and a unique audience to pull it off. We would never have been able to come this far without your attendance and support. Thank you.
Wishing you all a wonderful 2015!
We are pleased to announce that San Jose Youth Shakespeare has been offered a generous matching grant of up to $2000, available through the end of this year. Please consider donating today – your generosity will be doubled!
Wishing you Happiness during this Holiday Season,
San Jose Youth Shakespeare
The Company will sing carols and be merry this Saturday at Whole Foods on Blossom Hill in San Jose.
Visit us and our fabulous sponsor, Whole Foods.
Saturday, December 13
11:00 a.m to 2:00 p.m.
Songs And Sweets in the Produce Department
Youth Shakespeare San Jose will present a few scenes at Friday evening on the stage at Christmas in the Park, Downtown San Jose.
Friday, December 12, 6:00-7:00 p.m., weather permitting.
Come see us again!
Youth Shakespeare San Jose is very thankful for the support of our sponsors.
Come see the result of their support added to the labor of our youthful cast and families: A Christmas Carol. Advance Tickets are sold out but tickets are available at the door. Five performances November 29 through December 6 plus two midday school performances!
San Jose Youth Shakespeare is generously supported, in part, by a Cultural Affairs grant from the City of San Jose. We are also grateful for grants from Silicon Valley Creates and Links Through Learning.
Barefoot Coffee Roasters is supporting San Jose Youth Shakespeare during A Midsummer Night’s Dream with freshly supplied coffee.
Fresh brewed Barefoot coffee will be hot and ready during intermission in the Green Room as an important part of our fund-raising at intermission. Ask Ursula or Sarah what varietal we are serving!
Also in the Green Room and not to be missed – come before the show, during intermission, and after the show:
- Enjoy hand made goodies including homemade gluten, wheat, and nut-free treats.
- Send a candy castgram or a rose to cast members.
- Purchase a new, original Shakespeare mosaic poster made from five thousand YouthShakes photos.
- Purchase a numbered and signed reproduction of the original watercolor artwork for A Midsummer Night’s Dream. One of our cast members created the original – find her playing the harp and other instruments this week for the play!
- Browse for other reproductions (and one original) of of artwork created by the company for previous plays!
- Enjoy at the hand drawn color on the large white board – a YouthShakes tradition for our productions at Historic Hoover Theatre.
- We accept donations in the Green Room, too, as well as online.
- Greet our actors, crew, and creative directors in the Green Room and the patio after the show.
Barefoot Coffee Roasters have been creating culinary coffees since 2003. Direct Trade farm fresh beans roasted to order in small batches to highlight origin character and extract wildly intense flavors. Metro Silicon Valley Best Coffee Roaster every year 2007-2013.
Youth Shakespeare is thankful for the support of our sponsors!